Thursday, February 6, 2014

Celebrating Color: Blue Lamp Obsession

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I got a thing for lamps.  I recently watched one of my favorite movies, Amelie, for like the 100th time (see previous post about Audrey Tautou here.)



When this film came out, the blogosphere went crazy for Amelie's fabulous apartment. I love movie sets!  What caught my eye most about this fab set was those blue lamps!  The perfect foil to all that red. That must be what started it for me. My blue lamp obsession. Ever since then, I knew I wanted to do an all pink room, with a blue lamp.  Here's some inspiration.  Hope you enjoy!

I'd love to decorate a teenage girl's room in all pink with a blue lamp!  Wouldn't this genie lamp from Target be cute in a teenager's room?  Although, I admit it, sometimes I see things at Pottery Barn Teen that I want for myself!


The pop from the blue lampshade looks fab in this mostly pink room.  House Beautiful.


Love the lamp, pink sofa and dig that painting!  Anna Spiro via Where My Heart Is.


The hanging light looks so fresh in this gorgeous apartment in Sweden.  I am really digging those white floors.  Image via freshome.


This room is a perfect example of collected style. Hollywood regency influenced mirrored side tables and headboard, Italian lamps and global influences combined - and also done with a soft, restrained hand. The room still manages to be airy, fresh and simple with these diverse elements.  Quite an achievement. Brett Beldock via The Zhush.


I need that turquoise sofa.  Emily Henderson.


Beautiful.  Love those night stands and the shape of those lamps. Image via Santa Barbara Chic styled by Jen Everett.

Love this room!  Love the lamps, love the pillows and silver headboard!  Image via Graham and Brown wallpaper by Julien Macdonald. I know I'm always saying I hate wallpaper...but this is a use of wallpaper I can get behind.


Blue lamp in a fab shape looks beautiful on this mid century inspired dresser.  Image via Dwell Studio.


Pair of blue lamps pops against a gray wall.  Image via Apartment Therapy.


Achieve a cute retro look with a cute little blue lamp and big blue painting. Fab! Tracy's Vintage Modern in Manhattan via Apartment Therapy.


Retro decor not your thing?  You can get just a taste of it by adding a funky blue lamp.  Image via Design Sponge.


Gorgeous mid century inspired room!  Love how the color of the lamp repeats with the chair and the little vase.  Image via House to  Home.  Want more?  You know you do.  Fellow lamp tramps click here to see my post on turquoise lamps.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Now I want a blue lamp. :( hahahaha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin